While I am not generally a knitter, I have discovered this pattern and actually knit several dishcloths from it. I have a hard time reading the page (black links on dark gray), and every time I Google the pattern I have a hard time finding it so I am pasting it here to keep it handy. This pattern was written up by Samantha and it is NOT mine. I claim NO credit or anything else. I made a couple of edits to the pattern but no changes to the actual knitting-I just added each row because when I print it off I like to mark what row I'm on and with all the even numbered rows missing I can't keep track of where I am. I will point out here that I have used plain old kitchen cotton and a pair of size 8 circulars and done well with this. Here goes!
Star Trek Dishcloth
Worsted weight dishcloth or baby cotton – I used Lily Sugar Babies cotton, which has been discontinued, but Lily Sugar n’ Cream or Bernat Cottontots would work well too.
4.5mm knitting needles.
Cast on 34 stitches.
1. Knit 2. Knit 3. Knit 4. Knit
5. k4, p26, k4 6. Knit
7. k4, p5, k1, p20, k4 8. Knit
9. k4, p5, k1, p20, k4 10. Knit
11. k4, p5, k2, p19, k4 12. Knit
13. k4, p5, k3, p12, k1, p5, k4 14. Knit
15. k4, p5, k4, p11, k1, p5, k4 16. Knit
17. k4, p5, k6, p8, k2, p5, k4 18. Knit
19. k4, p5, k7, p6, k3, p5, k4 20. Knit
21. k4, p5, k9, p3, k4, p5, k4 22. Knit
23. k4, p6, k14, p6, k4 24. Knit
25. k4, p6, k14, p6, k4 26. Knit
27. k4, p7, k12, p7, k4 28. Knit
29. k4, p7, k12, p7, k4 30. Knit
31. k4, p7, k12, p7, k4 32. Knit
33. k4, p8, k10, p8, k4 34. Knit
35. k4, p8, k10, p8, k4 36. Knit
37. k4, p9, k8, p9, k4 38. Knit
39. k4, p10, k6, p10, k4 40. Knit
41. k4, p10, k6, p10, k4 42. Knit
43. k4, p11, k4, p11, k4 44. Knit
45. k4, p12, k2, p12, k4 46. Knit
47. k4, p12, k1, p13, k4 48. Knit
49. k4, p26, K4 50. Knit
51. Knit 52. Knit 53. Knit 54. Knit